Community Development Executive – Recovery & Recycling Department
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Community Development Executive will be responsible for the planning, roll out and management of packaging waste collection trials to community groups, associations and businesses throughout Ireland. This will include but not be limited to, implementation of trials and ultimately permanent roll out of initiatives to capture additional packaging waste in co-operation with:
- Tidy Town’s Committees
- Sports Clubs/Sports Organisations
- Charity organisations
- Residents groups – in particular apartment residents.
- Other Community Groups
1 year fixed term contract.
- Proactively monitor trial progress, resolve issues and manage interdependencies between other work streams of the project including other transformational programmes that may be impacted, initiating corrective action as appropriate.
- In conjunction with the Recycling and Recovery Team, ensure appropriate scheduling of project deliverables to meet project objectives.
- Negotiate priorities as necessary and escalate issues appropriately by understanding the most effective path towards resolution.
- Collaborate and communicate with third parties, executive sponsors and senior management stakeholders and partner groups in particular the supported business function to ensure that all initiatives are efficiently managed and delivered.
- Build credible, trusted advisor relationships with the key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and also third parties.
- Deliver regular progress reports which present a concise, accurate status of the project, ensuring a consistent status is communicated up to the overall programme.
- Attend any mandatory training organised by the company, and participate in other training events or courses relevant to your role.
- The role will be extensively field based, so the ability to manage diary autonomously and efficiently, in particular given the travel needed to achieve the agreed goals.
- Promote Repak’s Team Green.
- To prepare a roll out plan for engagement with Community & Voluntary groups
- To increase capture levels of Single Use Packaging waste on a National level
- To establish a national forum, facilitated by Repak, for Community Group Support and Networking
- To promote behavioural change and ensure achievement of project goals.
- Enthusiastic and Outgoing
- Flexible and Responsive
- Able to work outside normal office hours, including some evening and weekend work
- Eager to learn and pursue new opportunities
Third Level Degree in Environmental Science or experience preferably in the Recovery & Recycling Industry
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE FOR THE POST:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent budget and resource management skills
- Superior time management and planning skills
- Highly motivated, creative, team player, self-starter and ability to work independently
- Ability to partner with vendors, 3rd parties, customers, colleagues and develop positive working relationships to create an open positive working environment
- Detail oriented, strong analytical skills, advanced judgment capability, strong problem solving, and ability to manage workflow
- Remaining calm under pressure, having excellent negotiation and conflict management skills with sufficient gravitas and credibility to work with the other PM’s on the project to manage resources, dependencies etc.
- Full clean driving license
A competitive remuneration package is on offer, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications, including detailed CV’s, should be submitted by email to email@example.com by close of business on Friday 6 March, 2020.