Head of Finance
Repak is Ireland’s packaging compliance scheme and its mission is to deliver the best environmentally sustainable packaging recovery compliance scheme for Ireland. Set up by Industry in 1997 and representing 2,500 members, it has 30 staff and manages the recycling and recovery of over 800,000 tonnes of packaging in Ireland per annum.
Repak Limited now wishes to recruit a Head of Finance to lead the finance function, significantly contribute to development & delivery of its overall strategy, while also overseeing the company secretarial function. The role will play a significant part in the overall management and development of the organisation in its broadest sense; providing detailed evaluation and presentation of all commercial opportunities, their related funding requirements and associated risks for internal and external purposes.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, the appointed candidate will:
- Develop, lead & manage all financial, accounting, taxation, company secretarial, IT and administrative affairs of the company.
- Contribute to the overall management and development of the organisation in its broadest sense through detailed evaluation and presentation of all commercial opportunities, their related funding requirements and associated risks for internal and external purposes.
- Significantly contribute to development of Repak Limited’s overall strategy and its implementation.
- Lead and prudently govern the accurate recording of all financial and accounting transactions for the organisation (including strategic & annual business planning, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, performance evaluation, payroll, company secretarial, taxation and fund management).
- Produce monthly / quarterly / annual financial and management accounts for Board Meetings including fixed / variable costs and margin analyses, P&L and Balance Sheets within agreed time frames.
- Monitor the monthly progress of the organisation against agreed budgets and report to the Chief Executive and Board (as required) on all material variances, cash flow requirements and possible proactive and remedial courses of action.
- Maintain contact and ensure positive relationships with the banks / financial institutions and monitor finances by regularly preparing funding / gearing analyses, cash flow forecasts and estimates of working capital and capital investment requirements. On occasions this may involve elements of treasury management and facilities negotiation.
- Support the office of the CEO and lead, motivate & further develop Repak’s internal finance team, overseeing the day to day affairs of the finance, payroll, credit control and IT function. This will include employment of appropriate staff and allocation of work and duties as required to deliver a fit for purpose function.
- Manage relationships with relevant stakeholders and 3rd parties including: the Board, government departments, existing and prospective member organisations, financial & legal advisors, financial institutions and other service providers.
- Ensure Corporate Governance Procedures are consistently up-dated as appropriate and all management processes are executed in a way that protects Repak and its employees and enhances the reputation of the organisation.
- Review sources and support the access to and deployment of any available public / preferential financing for existing and prospective Repak development opportunities.
- Evaluate Repak’s existing and pending contractual agreements to ensure appropriate legal positions are maintained and that the company’s commercial position is optimised, negotiating with suppliers and members where appropriate to reduce costs and improve debtor days.
- Appraise projects including preparing forecasts & projections for new investment projects & analysing performance of current projects.
- Optimise the profit and tax opportunities for the company.
- Strategically manage the IT function to ensure it is fully up to date and fit for purpose, in collaboration with third party consultants & service providers.
- Prepare year-end audit file, management & statutory accounts and reporting, as well as annual returns and other Financial & Company Secretarial papers for filing with the Companies Office.
- Fulfil any ad hoc projects as specified by the Chief Executive.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Professional accounting qualification essential; ACA/CIMA/ACCA. Qualification in / experience of Company Secretarial is also preferred but not essential.
- 7yrs+ post qualification experience at Financial Management/Controller/Director Level involving team leadership in a complex transactional environment, where the use of diplomatic governance and stakeholder influencing skills played a role in the success of the organisation.
- The proven ability to lead and develop Financial & IT department colleagues and also to lead the implementation and performance management of robust financial systems & controls that deliver timely & accurate forecasting & reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and be highly numerate, along with the ability to deal effectively with multiple stakeholder requirements.
- Strong administrative skills and the ability to change processes to ensure effective control of the organisation, the integrity of data, financial reporting and support of operational & strategic decisions.
- Values-based standards with deep seated integrity and professionalism – familiarity with working in a Government & EU Directive governed environment would also be a significant benefit.
- A management style with strong personality and influencing skills to contribute to Repak’s strategic direction and organisational culture.
- Ambition with the capability to develop further with a long-term orientation to see this as an opportunity to get into an organisation that is continually developing.
This is a unique opportunity for an individual who has ambition, enjoys a long-term challenge and is looking for an organisation that has real purpose and respects work life balance as key to high performance. The remuneration package will be attractive to reflect the strategic importance of the role to the overall development of the organisation.
To apply, please email in strict confidence quoting Ref. No. 19605, giving full career details and summarising your relevance to:
130 Rathgar Road
Dublin D06 KF22
Tel: +353 1 496 6500