Projects Executive – Recovery & Recycling Department
The Projects Executive – Recovery & Recycling Department will be responsible for designing and implementing a system for the auditing and reporting of compliance, for end processing destinations of waste packaging exported from Ireland including:
- Documenting an overall traceability and compliance process that is controlled within Repak’s Quality Management System.
- Ensuring that this process is clear about responsibilities for compliance for end processors
- Installing and maintaining a schedule for auditing including desk top and on-site audits
- Reviewing all reports on end destinations and summarising outcomes for the Leadership Team on a quarterly basis or as required.
The Projects Executive will review the efficiency and overall operation of Repak’s Online Claim system (ROLC) from multiple stakeholder perspectives and recommend improvements after a 3 month review.
The Projects Executive will be expected to liaise with the Recovery & Recycling Operators as needed on Fee Modulation, to obtain cost data as regularly as is needed to meet the requirements of the national legislation on Fee Modulation.
He/she will work as part of the existing project team on systems to achieve the collection and recycling of beverage containers to meet the targets of the Single Use Plastics (SUP) Directive.
To work on other projects as requested by the Leadership Team
THE ROLE: Lead the creation of the project plan and responsible for the execution of the plan. Ensuring delivery though,
- Plans, schedules and oversees execution of the project.
- Proactively monitors progress, resolving issues and managing interdependencies between other work streams of the project including other transformational programmes that may be impacted, initiating corrective action as appropriate.
- In conjunction with the Recycling and Recovery team ensure appropriate scheduling of project deliverables to meet the plan.
- Negotiates priorities as necessary and escalate issues appropriately by understanding the most effective path towards resolution.
- Collaborate and communicate with third parties, executive sponsors and senior management stakeholders and partner groups in particular the supported business function to ensure that all initiatives are efficiently managed and delivered.
- Build credible, trusted advisor relationships with the key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and also third parties.
- Delivers regular progress reports which present a concise, accurate status of the project, ensuring a consistent status is communicated up to the overall programme.
- Attend any compulsory training organised by the company, and participate in other training events or courses relevant to your role.
- Enthusiastic and Outgoing
- Flexible and Responsive
- Able to work outside normal office hours, including some evening and weekend work
- Eager to learn and pursue new opportunities
Third Level Degree in Environmental Science or by experience preferably in the Recovery & Recycling Industry
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE FOR THE POST:
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent budget and resource management skills
- Superior time management and planning skills
- Highly motivated, team player, self-starter and ability to work independently
- Ability to partner with vendors, 3rd parties, customers, colleagues and develop positive working relationships to create an open positive working environment
- Detail oriented, strong analytical skills, advanced judgment capability, strong problem solving, and ability to manage workflow
- Remaining calm under pressure, having excellent negotiation and conflict management skills with sufficient gravitas and credibility to work with the other stakeholders on the project to manage resources, dependencies etc.
- Full clean driving license
A competitive remuneration package is on offer, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications, including detailed CV’s, should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Friday 6 March, 2020.