Operations Manager Recovery and Recycling
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the position requires the management of the Recovery and Recycling Department and recovery operator’s site visits, tonnage sign off, audits and waste characterisation studies.
At least 5 years experience in the recycling industry is essential as it requires a high degree of interaction with waste recycling operators.
The successful candidate should preferably have a degree in environmental science or a related discipline together with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to operate within strict deadlines.
- To manage the total tonnages of the Recovery and Recycling Department
- To co-ordinate all Recovery and Recycling Operator’s site visits, audits and waste characterisation studies for designated operators.
- To approve financial claims for subsidy made by registered Recovery Operators in a timely manner, incorporating cross referencing of recycling and recovery tonnage documentation to ensure it co-relates to the amount claimed.
- To manage assigned Repak Recovery Operator accounts.
- To update and maintain the R & R Department databases, recycling facilities search engine, ROLC accounts, spread-sheets, etc.
- Undertake and conduct assigned Contract Compliance Audits as per standard operating procedure and best practice.
- To liaise as necessary with statuary on reporting and information requests.
- To partake, as appropriate, in the assessment and administration of the Repak awards judging and ceremony.
- To organise and contribute positively towards conferences, presentations and papers for working groups and present same as required.
- To represent Repak and its policies in a competent professional manner
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested from time to time.
A competitive remuneration package is on offer commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications, including detailed CV’s, should be submitted by email to email@example.com by close of business on 10th January 2020.